Heading into one of the biggest months of consumerism in the year its important you know whats going into your bag and that the choices you make stay ETHICAL - remember what you are carrying around in your bag can speak and generally tell a story of how it was made. Are you proud of the label splashed across your bag - and can you justify carrying it around?
-The world now consumes 80 billion pieces of clothing each year - 400% increase than the last two decades.
- Majority of workers in the manufacturing industry are earning less than 3 dollars a day.
- 250,000 Indian cotton farmers killed themselves in the last 15 years as a result of working in the cotton industry
- Over 90% of clothing we buy in Australia comes from 'fast fashion' factories off shore.
- The fashion industry is the worlds second largest pollution industry right after oil.
- 87% of women in the garment industry are paid below the minimum wage.
Fashion is not worth taking away someones life. Think twice before you buy into a label & remember you are what you wear.